Dream of starting your own home based business but don’t have 50k in the bank to invest?
You’ve landed on the right page!
There are tonnes of business ideas with a low investment that you can take advantage of today… and I’m going to show you the best opportunities that are available to us.
Gone are the days where a pre-requisite to getting started in business is an investment of thousands of dollars.
The internet has created an insane amount of opportunity for us to start profitable online businesses without having to invest significant sums of money.
Starting your own business can be quite a challenging thing, but with the right training, tools and mindset, you’ll be on your way to creating an additional income stream for yourself in no time.
In This Article I’ll Show How You Can:
- Build a wildly profitable online business without investing thousands to get yourself started.
- Develop your marketing skills that will enable you to effectively market anything online.
- Invest your money in a way that will provide the biggest bang for your buck and shortcut your learning curves.
Business Ideas With Low Investment: The Complete List
This list only consists of business ideas with low investment that can fully replace your full-time income. You won’t find silly things like survey filling or bead necklace making here.
Start A Social Media Marketing Agency
Social media has never been bigger than it is now in 2017. The likes of Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter all have millions, even billions of users. In fact, Facebook had over 1.79 billion active users in the third quarter of 2016 alone. Not a number to be sniffed at, that’s for sure.
To be frank with you, Facebook does have the largest user base of all the social media platforms but this just highlights the sheer scale of uptake for social media in this digital world that we now find ourselves in.
Here’s where things get interesting:
Small businesses all over the world are struggling to keep up with social media trends. Most small business social media strategies are lacklustre at best.
Social media marketing is easily one of the most effective ways for any business to raise brand awareness, generate leads and make sales for their products and services.
And marketing agencies (like Voy Media) help business owners make the most of their social media presence.
Here’s why social media is so damn powerful:
Social media is so pervasive in our day to day lives. The average person spends 118 minutes a DAY on social media. It influences how people behave and will continue to do so for years to come.
Social media marketing is something that is often ignored by small businesses because it is too time-consuming for them.
What most people don’t know is that small businesses are willing to pay thousands of dollars a month for someone to manage their social media for them!
This is where you come in. :-)
Even if you’re completely new to social media, you can learn everything you need to know and become a bonafide expert in a few short months.
A very well known entrepreneur in the online space, Tai Lopez, has created a step-by-step social media marketing program. This training reveals everything you need to know to launch your own social media agency from scratch.
Tai Lopez is an investor, partner and entrepreneur who took the world of social media by storm with his infamous “here in my garage” video. He’s been around social media since 2001 and is a personal advisor to over 20 multi-million dollar businesses.
You can find out more about Tai’s training programs here: tailopez.com
Benefit Statements Of The Program
- 4 months of training that results in a social media marketing certification.
- Certification enables you to more easily acquire clients for your agency and prove that you’re worth the initial investment.
- You’ll learn how to acquire clients and become a master of social media.
- Learn how to conduct consultations and effectively communicate with business owners.
- How to setup multiple types of packages for clients so you can charge a premium for your services.[/bullet_block]
Things To Watch Out For:
- Hyped up statements about the time it takes you to get results (some people get results in a few weeks but this is only an exception).
- Crowded niche’s that have a lot of competition. These training programs tend to have a lot of people doing a lot of the same thing. Picking the right niche for your services is essential to your success.
- It’ll take a lot of hard work and dedication to get started. Just like any other business, this will require a lot of work at the start. Yes you’ll probably get overwhelmed. Yes you’ll probably almost throw your computer out of the window but anything worthwhile doesn’t come easy, right?
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of the training program is £997, which is around $997 at the current state of the economy! This isn’t a lot of money considering your clients will be paying you thousands of dollars every month for your social media management services.
I’ve been on Tai Lopez’s email list for a good few months now and he usually only recommends the best training courses out there. This is the first one he has created himself. With that being said, I haven’t taken this course myself so I’m not sure what it entails exactly. I highly recommend doing your research to find out if this is something that suits you or not.
Affiliate marketing is one of the most talked about business models on the internet and there’s a reason for that. It is perfect for anyone who wants to get started with their own business without having to invest significant sums of money.
It is by far, one of the most popular business ideas that you can start with a low investment.
What on earth is affiliate marketing and how does it work?
The official definition of affiliate marketing, straight outta Wikipedia is:
“Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.”
In conversational terms, you basically get paid a commission for recommending products and services from other companies.
This is so great because you don’t need to come up with an awesome product yourself. You can find amazing things that are already out there and promote them instead.
This infographic I cooked up breaks down affiliate marketing in a simple way:
Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing:
- One of the fastest ways to start generating an income online.
- No requirement for technical computer skills.
- You only need a laptop and internet connection to get started.
- No requirement for shipping out products. Your only job is to refer people to a product and you get paid if they purchase something.
Things To Watch Out For:
- Affiliate programs that promise the earth and offer a magic bullet solution. (Avoid these like the plague)
- Affiliate programs that have a terrible commission setup. Some companies don’t pay very well for your referrals so you need to find an affiliate program that offers good commission rates.
I highly recommend checking out this CRO case study to help maximise your conversions.
Other great affiliate marketing resources and articles:
- High Paying Affiliate Programs: The Ultimate List
- Affiliate Marketing 101
- Learn Affiliate Marketing: Ultimate Beginners Guide
The key to success in affiliate marketing is finding a great affiliate program. All affiliate programs aren’t created equal and the level of commission you can earn varies massively depending on what you’re promoting.
High-ticket affiliate programs are what the super affiliates of today use to generate multiple six-figure incomes for themselves through affiliate marketing alone.
These affiliate programs offer products and/or services to at higher price points. This translates into more commissions for you.
If you’re a teacher, or simply have a wealth of knowledge on a subject, online courses can be a great way for you to generate an income on the internet.
You can even take things a step further with platforms like Teachinguide that reveal the secrets to success on course websites such as Udemy.
Online education is the new frontier for knowledge. Millions of people are short-cutting their routes to new jobs and careers by taking advantage of the information available to us on the internet.
Did you know that as of 2016, the online education is a $107 Billion industry?
I honestly couldn’t tell you how many zero’s are in that number. Crazy figures!
Check out this infographic from OnlineEducation.net that highlights how education has changed because of the internet:
Monetising your knowledge is a very fulfilling way to do business.
There are plenty of ways you can create and promote your online training course.
Resources For Creating Your Very Own Online Training Course:
Useful Articles On Creating Courses:
- How to make money selling an online course
- 7 tips on how to create and sell online courses
- 8 expert approved tips on how to create an online course
- How to outsource video editing like a pro by Veed You
More Places To Publish And Promote your Courses:
If you’re a writer, the internet loves you. There is huge demand for all kinds of writers on the web. As you know, the internet is mainly content-based so there will always be a big demand for people who are skilled at writing.
Writing is a very popular way for people to earn an income online. As a freelance writer, you can choose what projects and verticals you want to work in.
You can also charge more for your services and earn more than you would for doing the same thing in an office.
The variety of services you can offer as a writer include:
Copywriting is the art of writing persuasive content that sells.
You will have seen copywriting on home pages, product pages and sales pages. It’s one of the most sought-after skills in the writing field.
You’ll never be out of work if you have exemplary copywriting skills!
Many clients are willing to pay really good money for a great copywriter. It’s a tough thing to master but pay’s handsomely if you do choose to go down this route.
Where To Find Copywriting Work
Blog Post & E-book Writing
According to MarketingProfs, 2 million blog posts are written, each and every single day.
As you can imagine, there is huge demand for blog post writers. Many blog and business owners just don’t have the time or resources to write the content they want for their website.
In addition to blog posting, businesses are always creating e-books and white papers to either sell or use as a way for people to sign up to their email list.
If you’re an expert in a particular field, e-book writing can also be a great way for you to earn an income online.
You can write for clients on a recurring basis through freelance contract agreements and either charge by word count or a monthly retainer fee.
Using monthly retainer fee’s is a great way to build up a reliable stream of recurring income for you.
Where To Find Blog Post & E-Book Writing Work:
Useful Articles On Freelance Writing:
- 10 Step Guide To Setting Up your Freelance Writing Business
- 7-Day Plan For Starting Your Freelance Writing Side-Gig
- Freelance Guide To Retainer Client Arrangements
If you’re multi-lingual and have a knack for putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard in most cases) this is a great way to offer a premium service.
There are plenty of translators and plenty of writers out there but there aren’t many people who can do both exceptionally.
This niche in the market is provided as a premium service, so you will need to build up your client base before you land some of the bigger, more lucrative contracts.
If you’ve previously worked as a translator you can use this experience and reputation to kick start your freelance translating career.
Where To Find Translation Work:
You can also find translation work on the standard freelance websites mentioned in the copywriting section above.
Franchising is typically seen as a business model that requires huge startup capital investment to get started. It’s funny because I assumed this was the case too but after doing some research I discovered that there are plenty of low-cost franchise opportunities available.
Franchising is a business model that is based on a proven, profitable business. With a franchise you’re able to leverage the brand with the comfort of knowing that the business has already seen success.
This removes much of the uncertainty and risk related to starting a business but just like any kind of business, there’s no guarantee of success.
Business Ideas With Low Investment: Physical Products
Millions of physical products are sold on the internet every year. The rise of e-commerce companies has brought about huge opportunities for people to start selling physical products on the internet.
There are many different fields and verticals to sell physical products in but I’ll be covering the types of businesses that can be started on a shoestring budget.
Drop-shipping is a physical product business model where the store doesn’t stock any of the products it sells. Instead, when someone purchases something from the store, it is bought directly from the supplier and shipped from their warehouse.
The defining factor of drop shipping that separates it from traditional retail business is that you don’t need to hold stock of any products.
This is advantageous for a number of reasons:
- You don’t need to invest in product stock.
- Allows you to run a flexible business that isn’t location restricted.
- Ability to stock a wide range of products in your online store.
Other benefits of drop-shipping include:
- Low investment requirement – One of the biggest advantages of drop-shipping is that it’s possible to launch a store without having to invest thousands of dollars in inventory up front. This is in stark contrast to what it’s like for traditional retailers.
- Low risk – You only purchase products from your supplier when a seller has purchased something from your store. Which means you’ll never end up with products that you can’t sell because you don’t buy them until they’re sold.
- Easy to get going – with a drop-shipping business, you don’t need to worry about things like managing and paying for a warehouse, packing and shipping products, handling product returns and inbound shipments. All of this is taken care of by your suppliers.
- Easy to grow once you get started – For most businesses, more customers means more work. Thanks to unique nature of drop-shipping, you can leverage your suppliers to handle additional orders, reducing your growing pains as well as your workload.
Things To Watch Out For
- Low-profit margins – The reason drop-shipping is so attractive plays a part in one of the biggest downsides to this low investment business idea. The barrier of entry for drop-shipping is very low and because of this, there is a lot of competition. Business owners can afford to operate on tiny margins because they invested so little to get started in the first place.
- Shipping complications – If you work with multiple suppliers (and most people do) the products in your online store will be shipped from different suppliers. This will complicate your shipping costs, sometimes forcing customers to pay shipping for each item individually!
- Inventory Issues – It’s hard to keep stock of anything when you don’t see any of it. Due to sourcing your products from multiple warehouses, keeping track of your stock levels can become really complex.
Useful Drop-Shipping Resources:
The two resources I’ve added above are so darn comprehensive that I didn’t need to find anything else! They provide all the information you need to get started with your own drop-shipping business.
Selling Stuff On Ebay
It feels like Ebay has been around forever and they’re still going strong! Ebay has an outstanding reach and a staggering variety of products available.
The top 30 independent sellers on Ebay gross an average of £4 million pounds a year.
These are obviously exceptional examples but it demonstrates the earning potential that can be realised with the right mindset and execution.
One of the biggest downsides to starting a business through Ebay is that you’ll have to ship the products out yourself. This is where you can leverage the power of drop-shipping to scale the business without drowning in packages!
- Getting Started On Ebay
- How To Setup Your Shop & Sell Products On Ebay
- The Mega Guide To Selling On Ebay
Selling Stuff On Amazon
Another great business idea with low investment requirements. Similar to Ebay, Amazon gives you the ability to leverage the traffic of their website and build a business by selling products through them.
The net sales for Amazon in 2015 reached an eye-watering $107 Billion.
Amazon have recently created a very simple listing and shipping system called Fulfilment By Amazon. This system streamlines the whole product sale process and has resulted in an explosion of independent sellers on the website.
In a nutshell, you list your products and Amazon handles all the shipping for you. Instead of handling the inventory yourself, the products are shipped to Amazon fulfilment centres.
This allows Amazon to offer super-fast shipping on your products as well as manage customer service and returns on your behalf.
- Find Out More About Amazon Fulfilment
- Start Selling On Amazon
- How To Create A Store & Sell Products On Amazon
- The Amazon Gold Rush
I hope you enjoyed this little list of business ideas with low investment. Hopefully, you’ve gained some insights into business opportunities that you’re interested in pursuing.
Don’t be afraid to take action. Research the business ideas you’re interested in and make decisions. Don’t overwhelm yourself with the thousands of articles on each subject.
The best way to learn is to do!
I’m a London-born lover of technology, obsessed with online business, passive income and the digital economy. I love learning, researching and curating the most valuable resources to save you time, money and help you discover the truth on what it actually takes to achieve your goals.